24 January 2011

Challenge #4

Day 4-Your parents

Oy!
My parents, My father was Clinton Douglas Keel, and my Mother is Mionne L. Ritter (Walsh) both from Washington State. They met as teenagers and my mom had me @ 20 my dad was 22. We moved to Alaska when I was a toddler. In 1987 when I was 5 my parents were involved in a very deadly and tragic motorcycle accident. They were t-boned, my parents were on the motorcycle. A lady ran a red light, needless to say I lost my father that day and my mother almost as well. My mother was in the hospital in a coma, severe head injury, and a crushed  left side of her body. It took 2 years for me to be able to go back and live with my mother. My mother is a fighter and a survivor and while I still miss my dad everyday hes gone I am so thankful I didn't loose them both on that day. 

I had a step-father that was a piece of shit-but I got 2 beautiful and special brothers out of that situation.

At 16 I met the man I consider my dad, he has been there for me and my brothers through thick and thin all the ups and downs a wonderful man he is indeed. I really don't think there is enough words to tell him how thankful  I am he is in my life.


My parents are my rocks, they have always been there for me, guiding me and letting me make my own choices and mistakes and for them I am SO grateful.  
My Mom and Baby Makaia when she was about a week old
Dad on Christmas

1 comment:

  1. very touching kassie, it made me cry. I'm so sorry and the same time glad that you had someone to fill in and be the rock you needed. always treasure that.

    ReplyDelete