24 February 2011

Breakdown

I think i'm on the verge of one. I am having such a hard time dealing with the fact that basically we are getting a huge F*ck you when it comes to getting Z some health insurance or any kind of care even on a sliding scale. It's like jumping through flaming hoops and it literally breaks my heart everytime he goes into a seizure, I feel like people just don't give a shit these days about anyone. Watching him have 5 seizures in the last 2 weeks is damaging to me too.

It's not fair and optimism only gets you so far. I'm angry about it. I cry about it because it SHOULDN'T be this hard on ANYONE to get some medical care.

I don't like the fact that my husband is scared to be alone with his daughter because he is afraid if he goes into a seizure he will drop Makaia and hurt her. How does that make him feel? Terrible.

He already got all his privilages taken away at work, he feels useless there and thinksthey are going to fire him because of the seizures.

I'm praying and hoping for an answer.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Kassie, I can't blame you on feeling so bad. I wish there was something I could do from here. You're right healthcare there really sux! If you guys were here we could get him the care he needs. Did you ever find out what the cost for an appointment would be for neurologist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Z and he's able to help medical care. I would be so upset, too.

    Depending on how long he's been at his job, he may qualify for FMLA (unpaid) but at least should hold his job for 12 weeks.

    ReplyDelete