18 April 2011

Food Addiction

I think it has taken me a long time to realize that I am addicted to food.  There are many people in the world with this problem as you can tell, since the US is so obese. Food addiction is a fat persons heroin. It can destroy you and ruin your life, IF you let it. For 28 years I have let food destroy me, but I am now learning how to handle my addiction with food. There are many reasons we turn to food, the comfort from the emotional struggles we go through is my biggest trigger. What do we usually do for celebrations? EAT! Deaths? ~EAT!~Graduations~EAT!....you get the jist.


How to say I am full and push the plate away. How to taste something and enjoy it rather than gobble as much of it up as I can. I am learning to reach for healthier options when I am craving something sweet. Such as apple slices with 2 tbsp of protien rich peanut butter. To measure and weigh out what I eat. To make informed and healthier selections when getting a meal out on the town.

Its amazing how much better I feel about myself in just a few weeks. I have been keeping a weekly picture log going and maybe in a few months I will be brave enough to share them with you , my readers...It will be a very hard thing for me to do. I know that I can do this. I know I am creating the building blocks to continue doing this, for myself first and foremost. Also for my sweet baby daughter who deserves to have a fit and active mommy.




No comments:

Post a Comment