17 April 2013

Ask and You Shall Recieve?!?


So back on CD 92 I posted that I had contacted my Dr. in regards to 1. The dreaded annual exam ::shudder::  and I figured while I was in there I would just bombard her with all my crazy at once and lay it all on the table with my frustrations about having difficulties TTC#2, lack of regular cycles and potential issues with fertility. I was almost worried I may have to cancel my appointment because on 4-15 and 4-16 I had a very light spot each day and I was worried I would wake up to AF today. That would be just my luck the bitch would show up on the day of my appointment but this morning there was nothing, so I proceeded to my appointment.

So I went in today and she asked me how long we had been trying and how my cycles have been. I told her they had been very inconsistent and my last AF was 1-1-13 through 1-5-13. She asked me about my previous cycles, before the last one. I told her I had had 4 fairly regular cycles, all came right around the same day and lasted the amount of time. So she said she doesn't think I am ovulating, big surprise there and that she would start me on Metformin after I lose 20lbs. I told her that I didn't accept the blanket weight loss statement that heavier people usually get, she told me that she agreed with me that weight loss is not the "cure all " for overweight TTC's. I was so relieved to hear that. She did say that getting healthy should be part of our game plan so I will meet with a dietician once every 2 weeks, which will be good because it will help keep me accountable and motivate me to stay on track. The long-term goal is a year from now to be at or below the weight I was when I got pregnant with Makaia. Luckily the company I work for has a gym for its employees and it is free to use, as well as classes like zumba, strength and core, and tai chi just to name a couple.

While doing my annual she told me my cervix is very far back and tilted towards my spine AKA a "retroverted cervix" I believe is what she called it. Also if everything is clear I don't need another annual for 3 yrs. I didn't know it switched to every 3 yrs. after you turn 30. So that was a good surprise.

Next she asked about Zachary and if he had had a SA I said no and she said we could schedule one anytime and she would be happy to get that done and out of the way just to make sure everything was good on his end.

We will also be doing a full fasting lab workup, and u/s to see see if I have PCOS.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome/DS00423/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis


So all in all I came away feeling validated and supported by my doctor, it's a relief to have her on board 100% and to have a game plan to start out with. So this is the starting point! and hopefully things will happen and my body will cooperate and when I start the Metformin my body will respond to it.

Here's praying for a 2014 baby Price!



No comments:

Post a Comment