This check in was recently shared on a forum I LIVE ON frequent. I wanted to share it here because I didn't want it to get lost in the mix and I want to be able to remember what I am going through on this journey as well.
What is your goal? To get to a healthy weight before I turn 35 and hopefully conceive #2 somewhere in there. I haven't been thin since the end/beginning of high school and I have always been on the stockier/thicker side. Total weight to lose 205lb weight loss so far: 9.4lb
What were your successes/hurdles last week? I walk to and from work daily 5 days a week and then try to take a 30 min walk at least on the weekends. Some days it is a struggle to make myself get in gear but once I do and I work up a good sweat I feel 100 times better. I also log all my miles walked on the side bar of my blog as accountability. When I really feel like saying fluck it I look at that and see how far I have come and it makes me proud and I don't want to stop.
What are your plans this coming week? Eat 3 meals a day instead of 2 and a snack. I am taking a fiber supplement I have heard good things about and seen good success pictures, I am seeing if it does anything for me. I drink upwards of 2 gallons of water a day now. No soda, no crystal light (on special occasion) limited alcohol. I have had 1 cup of coffee in the last 2 weeks! That is HUGE for me. I used to drink 2-3 POTS daily. Also increasing activity. I am waiting for my walk away the pounds DVD and my friend and I are walking the track at a local school 3 times a week now, 2 miles. I am also doing a walking challenge at my work. 2 weeks from now I hope to be back in the gym.
GTKY: I work out because I want to be healthy and feel better in my skin. I want to run with my kids and have fun and not worry about blowing out a knee or wheezing and panting..or when they go to school, I don't want them to get teased because they have a fat mom. Most of all I want it for myself. I deserve to be happy.



I'm glad you posted this. I need to try some of the things you mentioned. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete